Pages

dimanche 13 janvier 2013

New Year gift: another S+S raritie


The Fan is in a great happiness to have found out this quite rare sound of Selah Sue.
Some of you do know what I'm talking about, you know, when you discover something which seems to be very rare: it was time to share!

I think this is the Raggamuffin shortest version I've never heard.
The video gives 2 minutes 19 seconds of guitar, including milliseconds of silence.
So it's acoustic and with no "In New York they want me" introduction.
Short, fun and a bit "demo". And of course efficient!

I think it was recorded at the end of 2010 or very beginning of 2011.
So it would be an early recording, as Selah Sue debut album was released on march 4th.

What shocked me are the weird cries she does. Never heard them like that.
Hope you'll be shocked too, lol.

Some FNAC worker gives his opinion about this last compilation of indetendances concept, and I let you translate if you ever wouldn't speak french:

(...) il paraissait important que chaque chanson soit une version originale. C'est pour cela que chaque artiste, plutôt que de donner un des titres de ses albums, vienne enregistrer dans un studio un version acoustique du titre de son choix. Avec une petite règle, seulement 2 heures de temps pour donner vie à la chanson ! (...) Au final, cela a donné lieu à des instants assez magiques, où la découverte du studio et de ses équipements auront donné l'envie aux artistes de partir sur une idée différente de laquelle ils s'étaient préparé avant de mettre les pieds dans le studio. (...) Selah Sue nous aura surprise également par sa chanson Raggamuffin, enregistrée en une seule prise !

We do understand more why Sanne slacked a bit herself!
Moreover, that "amateur" acoustic sound gives a bit more the sensation of raritie, to have been recorded, maybe not for a future release.

But here we got it, and I'm happy with that!

And as a New Year gift, "this's my song for you my friends"! Enjoy! :)





1 commentaire:

  1. Although I am from 1958, and have a mature warm taste for classical music, Jazz, modern Flamenco, Bob Dylan and stars like David Bowie and Joan Baez, no person has ever impressed me more than Selah Sue. She is so wonderful. I am convinced that more and more people will soon realize that she is one of the very greatest voices/personalities of our times. Selah Sue's voice touches our souls (and) hopefully for many many years to come. In full admiration. Ties (Pays Bas/the netherlands )

    RépondreSupprimer